Starting at $7,500
Custom Website Redesign
“The Internet is littered with websites made by amateurs. Amateurs who made something that they liked. Which is fine. But what a professional does for you is design something that other people will like.” —Seth Godin
Core features & deliverables
Complete branded design, theme development, technical audits, and launch support.
Hybrid block theme development
At the core of every redesign is a custom WordPress hybrid block child theme for the Genesis Framework.
- Lightweight, built for speed & accessibility
- Deep block editor support for easy content creation
A well-designed homepage helps build trust and authority with your audience, setting you apart from your competition.
- Organized to showcase your best content
- Makes it easy for users to explore your site
Optimized single post design
The most important part of the redesign, let’s make your content shine for readers and search engines.
- Typography, color, spacing that helps readability
- Custom call-out blocks & recipe card design
- Related posts, author box, enhanced comments
Clean gridded archive pages
Archives (category, tag, search) are an opportunity to help users find what they are looking for.
- A simple grid format makes your content easy to scan
- Category icons on recipe index/category
- Add category intro content for better SEO
Custom icons & design extras
Take your design further with custom branded icons and the little extras that set you apart.
- Improves branding cohesiveness throughout
- Helps users quickly & visually navigate
Mobile-first responsive design
The majority of your traffic likely comes from mobile. Let’s ensure your site works great on every device.
- A mobile-first strategy means better usability
- Better usability means happy return readers
Site speed optimization
Focused on improving Google PageSpeed scores & Core Web Vitals metrics (LCP, FID, CLS).
- Improves user experience and bounce rate
- Helps improve search engine rankings
- Removes unnecessary technical debt
Ensure anyone with special needs can easily use and interact with your website.
- Helps increase conversions and readership
- What’s good for the user is good for SEO
- Can help protect you from litigation
Opt-ins, related posts, social sharing
Wondering about subscribe boxes, related post section, social sharing, and other widgets and blocks? I’ve got you covered.
- Opt-ins to help convert visitors unto subscribers
- Related/popular posts to help keep users on your site
- Social sharing buttons in the right places to help amplify
Complete audit of your plugin to see which ones might be slowing down your site or a security risk.
- Some plugins load heavy assets on the front end
- Fewer plugins is better, but quality is the main thing
- Older abandoned plugins can put your site security at risk
Ensuring the right fit
I’m most excited about partnering with established, driven, entrepreneur-minded bloggers as a hands-on consultant they trust. If you are just starting out, I might not be the right fit for you just yet.
Real talk time: I’m not here to implement your specific vision because you don’t know how to code. You can get someone cheaper for that. I’m here to leverage my experience and “do my thing” to help take you to the next level. Your opinion matters, of course, and your goals are extremely important, but we want to ensure your readers are happy, first and foremost.
I don’t do everything
As an agency of one, there are some things that aren’t in my skill set and there are certain types of complex projects I won’t take on. I’ll be quick to let you know where someone else might be better suited to help you.